Yeah fashion's shallow, but have my swimming certificate so I can dive right in. ...okay that didn't get many laughs..

January 11, 2011

For a knitter, I’m pretty teenage.

For a total granny 172234 I’m actually pretty mod.

In the 1950s, most people thought that the year 2000 would be really techno and futuristic, that we would come home from work by space ship to have our food given to us by a robot which speaks every language known to the world. No, better. The actual universe.

But now that it is actually 2000, (well, eleven years ago anyway) it doesn’t seem all that futuristic and robotic.

But fashion is more advanced and techno than you think. Sure, you can buy vintage off eBay now. And yeah you can read fashion blogs online (…really?!). But in in fact virtual games and video games play a small part in the fashion empire.

Stardoll was the first “social network” I ever used, aged 11. Back then, I was way more interested in sending my best friends funny emoticons than actually finding out what the site was about.

Which is fashion. Obvi.

SophisticatedRainbow Explosion FaceQueen of kisses IIQueen of kissesPretty scruffyPretty lacyPink burlesque facePink burlesqueMythical princess faceMythical princessMonochrome darling faceMonochrome darlingLaced up ladyIce fairyGothic princess faceGodess of the sea faceGodess of the seaDark darling faceDark darlingDark burlesque coveredArmy woman

Stardoll’s virtual mall, the StarPlaza has copies of stores and brands such as DKNY, Macy’s and SunnyBunny, plus celebrity stores such as Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku  Lovers.  Users can also design their own clothes, but I believe you have to pay for this. I personally don’t pay, I just try on the clothes then save the images.

Animal Crossing (photos from Wii version) is one which allows users to design clothes for their character, and buy clothes from stores. Plus it has WiFi, so your creations and rare items can be shared and sold with friends all over the world. There is a game based designer brand GracieGrace, which can be collected and sold, but obviously fashion obsessed gamers have created their own brands which are now “rare” and worth alot. This brings in things like fashion buying and running a business to a game, which is something not even those dudes from the 50s would have imagined.

I put photos on from Animal Crossing but I don’t think they want to work. Will upload to slideshow on the left hand side asap.

RUU_0075_thumb[11]

 

For a knitter, I’m pretty teenage.

Abby Mia x

My next post will probably be some photos of my GCSE art coursework, but I promise more actual fashion posts after that! Probably about Jean Paul Gaultier. Or some other equally actual fashiony designer. Hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do do you think?