Yeah fashion's shallow, but have my swimming certificate so I can dive right in. ...okay that didn't get many laughs..

January 20, 2011

Alexander McQueen. What a natural.

For my GCSE Art course, I’m working within the topic of Structures in Nature. Everyone on the course has been told to research Piet Mondrian, Van Gogh and Magritte because they painted trees and other natural structures.

But I’m Abby. So as well as being a geek (meaning I’ll complete my work on those three artists way before it’s even due), I have to take a fashion-y twist on the project.

So I’ve decided to study and produce work inspired by Alexander McQueen.

I know I’m not on a fashion course. But I think of fashion as art. The body is a blank canvas which can be styled and collaged upon over and over again. Here are some of the amazing photos I’m using in my work…

 

 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOeBeGPAerIg_BOPaJJPGi1RQTwVPRA496Ze8qbZ8Cj1Lyyr54p6SJFeOgbqlHY8lKMYYi-yEv2_vv7FXxPhTFiOPnDYsk_Uhu23Jh-3hU1C3ZcmB4XJtD4kk-EZ01w5ZhVz7f8QDrENw/s400/armadillo+shoes.jpg

February 11th 2010. The world lost a true talent. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do do you think?