Yeah fashion's shallow, but have my swimming certificate so I can dive right in. ...okay that didn't get many laughs..

March 04, 2011

The first piece from the MiaModa collection

Hello my charming little readers!

The first piece from my “collection” which I am starting to build up, is fully completed!

It’s my MiaModa waistcoat. Tailored and fitted to a size 6 – 10, as the ties on the back can be adjusted.

It’s cotton throughout, with a pink lining, pockets and collar. The lace around the bottom and collar is gathered to give a slight Elizabethan touch.164835165813165847165858165920

There’s only one thing left that I am DESPERATE to do. Create my FIRST ever label, so that it’s an actual proper garment.

You know when (not if, WHEN) I am a proper designer, that waistcoat will probably be worth a lot. I dread to think how much. Which is why I’m definitely hanging on to it for now!

I have to model it for my GCSE Textiles catwalk show soon too, so I’m working on some other pieces for my own collection.

Will post soon, there’s loads going on at school atm, with preparing for GCSE Art exam (doing a dress made from fabric flowers) and breaking school swimming records (wahooo!) and interviews for prefect (scary!), so I really have been neglecting my blog. Sorry!

Keep on subscribing and shizzle! Loves!

 

Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what do do you think?